Monday, January 27, 2020

January Resolutions

Every year I make a list of resolutions and like more people never follow through on them past maybe the 1st month.  So this year I made all my resolutions sewing/quilting related!  And what better month to start than my Birthday month!

My first one was to make something for ME each month.  As much as I love my job and I do, I tend to get busy with deadlines and projects that my "me stack" has gotten out of control.

So my first step was to find some fabric and a pattern to work on.  I had this stack of Michael Miller Fabric - Atelier by Sarah Campbell that I had been holding onto.  It was perfect, bright cheerful modern looking prints.  I then picked my pattern Home Again.  I love this pattern just haven't had a chance to remake it again in awhile, didn't have the right fabric until now.


Quilt went to gather pretty quick.  Next up the quilting.  Typically more often than not when I make a quilt for myself I will do a quick all over design.  I decided as part of my resolution I would do some custom quilting on this one.  FYI who says your backgrounds have to be white???  I chose a Michael Miller wide backing for the back.  It was perfect!


Quilting done.. on to binding.  I love bright cheerful busy prints for bindings.


Quilt is done and ready for binding to be hand sewn the rest of the way.  I am sad to say it's not done yet.  I took it with me when I went to baby sit my granddaughter Palmer, but she's pretty cute and distracted me. :-)



But hey the month isn't over yet so I have time to finish it up and besides the bachelor is on tonight so sounds like the perfect project.

Looking forward to my February "ME" project.



No comments:

Post a Comment

January Resolutions

Every year I make a list of resolutions and like more people never follow through on them past maybe the 1st month.  So this year I made all...