Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Spring Happenings

Spring Happenings…. 

I started out the year thinking this year is going to be all about Sweet Tea Pattern Co.  
Family always comes first and the last couple of years have been crazy.  We moved from Georgia to Maryland, then had our daughter’s wedding in South Carolina so I spent a good part of last year driving 9 hours up and down I-95!  But this year, we aren’t moving and there is no wedding, so I am going to start doing a lot more Quilt Shows and travel more doing teaching and lectures and be better about blogging… well as the popular saying goes… fate said, “Hold my Beer!”
In January on my birthday, we found out that we are going to be first time grandparents in September... best birthday present ever! It’s a girl by the way! 
February as I was doing final preparations for Quiltcon in Nashville an opportunity for a job transfer came available for my husband, so he put in for it and yep you guessed it we are MOVING!  Just two short years after moving to Maryland we are packing up and moving back south to Charleston SC.  While I am not looking forward to the packing of my studio as I just got it set up the way I wanted... I am more excited to be going back south and being near the grandbaby, oh and my children also. HAHA
 In the middle of all of this, I have such exciting things going on.  I had a blast at Quiltcon in Nashville even with the endless rain we had.  At Quiltcon I released my newest pattern Lucky Jacks. My new favorite of course. Quiltcon is great though you get a chance to see and meet people you have conversations with on Facebook and IG.



I came home from QuiltCon for a short 36hours, grabbed the husband, restocked and took off for Hampton VA for the Quiltfest show. We had a great time and my husband loves talking to all the ladies.  He cracks me up.



With all this going on probably the most exciting news (other than the Grandbaby) is that I was selected as a Michael Miller Brand Ambassador for 2019!!  I am looking forward to working with Michael Miller and all their fabrics.  It’s going to be tons of fun.  I have already started working on my first project for them. I will be posting all of my projects here.

I am also getting ready to head out on my first Quilt Cruise with Tomorrows Treasures, Crofton MD.  Not only is it my first time teaching it’s also my first time on a cruise, so this should be fun.

Lots and of exciting things happening both professionally and family wise.  
2019 has already started out as a great year and is only getting better!
Happy Sewing 

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo moving again! Congratulations on the grand baby ! You are going to be so glad you moved closer ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Makes packing all that fabric again totally worth it.

      Delete

January Resolutions

Every year I make a list of resolutions and like more people never follow through on them past maybe the 1st month.  So this year I made all...