Tuesday, July 31, 2018

A Modern Christmas

Over the last year or so I have submitted different quilts to several different magazines with no takers.  Then earlier this year I finally had one accepted and was so excited.  I was lucky enough to get some beautiful fabric from Cotton + Steel to use, got the top done.  Then sent it off to be quilted by the amazingly talented Teresa Silva from Quilting is my Bliss because it just needed her special touch.  Just as I got the quilt back and I was finishing the binding I got a notice that the magazine was ending publication effective immediately. SIGH***  Not gonna lie, I spent a couple of weeks all bummed out and maybe pouted a time or two. HAHA  I was then left with a decision of what to do with the quilt - do I submit it to another magazine or release it myself?  After a lot of back and forth I decided that I loved this quilt so much that I wanted to show it right now.  So I am offering for a limited time the pattern as a PDF download only and its on sale to boot!!

There is a however funny story to how the design came about because this was NOT the original idea ... I was in the process of taking photos and scans of the original drawings and for whatever reason when I did the scan it inverted the pattern 90 degrees.   And as I looked at it, I went humm I think I see my new Christmas tree quilt, thus A Modern Christmas was born.  It was a sign as Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday and its never too early to have a Christmas quilt laying around right??

So for a limited time A Modern Christmas (currently only available as a PDF) is just $5!!

www.sweetteapatternco.com









No comments:

Post a Comment

January Resolutions

Every year I make a list of resolutions and like more people never follow through on them past maybe the 1st month.  So this year I made all...