Thursday, August 9, 2018

Sewing room adventures

Right before I left for Quilt Market in Portland I was working on a couple of projects and needed a piece of fabric so I went to pick up the bolt when then this happened!


Now everyone knows when you pick up a bolt, yes a it was on a standard cardboard bolt,  its not suppose to do that.  Welcome to the beginning of my nightmare.  Okay maybe not a real nightmare but it was a huge pain in my buttocks!!  We discovered behind that lovely handmade cabinet my dad did for me there was a nice leak, actually several, in the foundation wall of our 1 yr old house.  At first we were afraid it was in the floor, thank you for small blessings because if it had been we would have had to jack hammer up about 4 feet of flooring.  So I will settle for just the wall.

That then started a 3 month adventure of moving everything out, moving my longarm as much as possible, people fixing the foundation walls, then drywall people, then painters, then finally carpet people.  Now I figured after all the frustration I might as well paint the walls as I did not take the time to do that when we moved in a year ago.  I settled on a very light blueish grey, takes away that contractor drab ecru that it was painted.  Put new lights in, bought some new shelves - the cabinet my dad made was not ruined thankfully I just moved it to a different spot. As of August 5th everything is back in its proper place and I finally feel like I am functional again.

PSA -- No Fabric was harmed in this crazy mess!!  ðŸ˜Š




No comments:

Post a Comment

January Resolutions

Every year I make a list of resolutions and like more people never follow through on them past maybe the 1st month.  So this year I made all...