Monday, July 23, 2018

Just me..

We are gonna give this blogging thing a chance.  So I figure my first post should be about me.

I am a loving wife to my husband of 26 years, a sometimes crazed mom to three pretty amazing children (and one son in law as of March) and I am pattern designer.

I spent the majority of my life moving around the country but we eventually settled in Southern Indiana and it was there in High school I met my future husband.  A couple of years after graduating we got married and embarked on a 22 year journey traveling the world with my husband joining the Navy.  From Hawaii to Japan to Canada and several spots in-between.

Crafting/sewing and sew much more is pretty big in my family.  I was taught different types of crafts from my mother, father, grandmother, aunts and cousins starting at an early age.  I credit all their influences and all the moving around the world living in different cultures for expanding my creativity and influencing my modern, artistic, and bold style of design.

Once my husband retired from the Navy and my children began spreading their own wings, I decided to share my passion for quilting and unique design with others.  Thus - Sweet Tea Pattern Co. was born!  I am so very blessed and fortunate that with support from my husband and my children I get to spend my days in the studio doing what I love - creating, designing, sewing and quilting.












No comments:

Post a Comment

January Resolutions

Every year I make a list of resolutions and like more people never follow through on them past maybe the 1st month.  So this year I made all...